Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Last Thursday was Thanksgiving and as I was sitting at the dinner table surrounded by my family and friends I was struck by how much I have to be thankful for...
An abundance of great food...

More desserts than you can shake a stick at.

The best company anyone could ask for.
The gift of laughter

and we laughed a lot that night

Yep I've got so much to be thankful for and I haven't even scratched the surface. But as I was thinking of all the things I have to be thankful for I was thinking of the children who have next to nothing to be thankful for.This is Alina. She is a bright, active 7 year old with a endless imagination. She's somewhat of a tomboy and prefers playing with cars than dolls. Now she may seem like an ordinary little girl but she's far from that; she's an orphan in Russia. Orphans in Russia live in orphanages where more likely than not the care is very bad.She is growing up without any love or proper care. When she turns 16 she will be sent out of the orphanage with nothing to support her. Her future is bleak. She truly has next to nothing to be thankful for. She is listed on a orphan advocacy site called Reeces Rainbows. I have signed up to be her prayer warrior. A prayer warrior prays for their child every day that a family will come and find her. Will you join me in praying that a family will find her quickly? Will you join me in asking our heavenly Father that next Thanksgiving she will truly have something to be thankful for? If you would like more information about her you can go to this link. http://reecesrainbow.org/11876/alina-b-15 Thank you all.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment