Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hawaii in a nutshell

Hi! I hope you are enjoying this crisp fall weather. This fall finds me rather busy getting ready for a huge adventure in my life. As most of you know I’m going to Hawaii!!! Of course not for a vacation but to be a volunteer at a YWAM (Youth with a Mission) Crossroads Discipleship Training School (CDTS).

My main job there will be as a nanny for very dear friends of ours from NY, the Keparutis’s. They have four great kids, ages 7 to 13 that are like cousins to me. Mr. & Mrs. Keparutis will be volunteer staff at the CDTS. We will be arriving one month before classes begin for training. The school itself will be from the beginning of January to the end of March.

For those of you not familiar with Crossroads it has a twelve-week lecture phase, taking place in Hawaii, and is followed by an eight-week field assignment. The Keparutis’s will be leading their group to Israel. The school’s focus is spiritual renewal and knowing God more intimately. I am going to be a nanny for the kids during the lecture phase and am praying about joining them in Israel.

I would really appreciate your prayers as I take this big step in my life. Some of the things you can pray for are:

- The flight out December 1st would go smoothly and safely

- As a homeschooler I’ve never been away from home much so would you please pray I won’t be too homesick.

- That I would be filled with love and patience as I care for the Keparutis kids.

- That God would use this Crossroads for His glory

- Wisdom for me as I pray about going to Israel with the Keparutis’ and the funding to pay for the trip if I do decide to go.

Thank you for taking the time to read about my plans. May God bless you this coming winter and have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. I got choked up and teary when I read this in your email. I guess it just kept seeming like a long way away! I'm sorry we didn't get to see you one last time in person before you left. But we'll look forward to your updates and that will help the time pass more quickly!

    ReplyDelete