Sunday, January 22, 2012

What I've been up to

Hey everyone!!! I know you all probably dropped off the face of the face of the earth by the amount of blogging I've been doing. But after this post I think you'll understand why I haven't been. This post is about what I've been up to this past month. So here we go!

On week days I wake up around 6:30 to get to breakfast which is consistently yogurt with granola and raisins in it a corn flakes or rice crispys and some toast (also offered is oatmeal and hard boiled eggs but I don't like either so I don't get them). Around 7:30 I head over to the K's (that's what I call the family I work for) house and help Charis get ready for school. (Charis is 7 and the youngest K kid) At 8 I head over to the foundation school to help with the youngest kids ages 4 - 5. (cool story about this as of one week before all school started I had nothing to do while the K kids were in school. I talked to Aunt Sarah about it and she asked the leader of the foundation school if they needed any help and they needed one more helper in the 4-5 year-old classroom) There are 9 kids in there 5 girls and 4 boys. They're all so cute! Also in the class is a teacher and one other helper both very nice ladies. Depending on the day I get out of there at different times... Most days school gets out at 2:45 and I go to the K's house and do math with the kids and phonics with Charis. That takes most of the afternoon up and by that time it's dinner time. That's most days but on Wednesday everyone gets out at 12:00 and I have the afternoon off!! I usually eat dinner with some of the K kids and other staff kids who are now like family. After dinner I usually play with the kids around campus. Campus really is a kids paradise. there are always other kids to play with and it's safe so they can go just about anywhere on campus. Around 8:30 or 9 I head in and get ready for bed. That's a semi-typical day for me. The weekends I might go to the beach with the K's or hang around the campus and relax.

So there you have it! This is what I've been up to for the past month! It may sound crazy busy (that's cause it is) but I wouldn't change it for anything!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great way to spend your days, Rachel! Keep up the good work and thanks for the update! I was wondering how things were going and it's great to read! Love, Amanda (Hebert) Hughes

    ReplyDelete